Pea & Mint Smash Up!
Can I just tell you how good this tastes? I admit I was sceptical …but it was quick and easy to make and yep, even the kids loved it in their packed lunches! Served with wholemeal pitta sticks for dunking … this beats a boring sandwich any day.
Allergens: Wheat | Milk
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200 g frozen peas
- 100 g feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 handfuls of mint
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 wholemeal pitta bread, toasted
- Boil the kettle. Place the peas in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave them to stand for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place the peas, feta, lemon juice, mint, garlic and olive oil into a blender.
- Blitz until you have a fairly chunky consistency.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- Scrape into a bowl and serve with wholemeal pitta bread.
Pitta bread is a healthy source of complex carbohydrates. Choose wholemeal varieties to add extra fibre to your diet.
Peas are legumes and like other legumes (beans and lentils) they are packed with protein and fibre. They are also low in calories and fat, and are a good source of vitamins and minerals.
Feta cheese is a source of protein and calcium. Although lower in fat than some cheeses it should be used sparingly due to its very high salt content.